Friday, July 2, 2010

Land of the Morning Calm


Right now, it is 6:45am and I am enjoying my first morning in South Korea. The flight here was excellent, and Korean Air is an amazing airline. Our 13 hour flight was made a lot more bearable with the excellent food and service. I got started on some Korean cuisine (Bibimbap) before we even left the hemisphere. It was fantastic. It's also worth mentioning that air travel in general is much more dignified and calm than the "cattle call" we experience at home.

We were met at the airport by many smiling faces from Ansan College, including our lifeline Professor Kapper. The students seemed excited to meet us, and the 45 minute ride from the airport to the school went by very quickly with all of the discussion. We were then treated to a wonderful meal of Korean-style Hamburger Steak at the on-campus restaurant and had a good conversation with Director Son, who some people may know from his stay at Lakeland last year. People in Korea have really treated us well! Technology is a different story.



As it turns out, the display on my camera was damaged some time during the flight. The camera still takes fine pictures, like this one of an interesting building near the airport, but I can't see them until I download the images to the computer. I did take a few test pictures and will start taking many more once our day begins. I hope to find a store where I can purchase a new one ... maybe they will be next to the umbrellas.

So far, so good Korea. I can't wait to see what today brings.

-t

No comments:

Post a Comment